Friday, July 30, 2010

Welcome To My World

Everyone writes blogs. They are a dime a dozen. So, why read mine?

Why not?

During three months in May and June of this year, I received my Masters Degree (and long awaited published thesis!), bought an amazing little house in an idealistic Americana community, and got married to a wonderful and extremely understanding man...and did I mention I work full time? Three huge changes in three weeks made for some late nights, a few tears, and a wonderful new life.

Now, I am left to the task of navigating this adventure. Luckily I have a fantastic partner who often thinks I'm funny, a super supportive family who live nearby, and a strong group of friends both near and far. However, that does not mean I'm transitioning smoothly.

Whether I am tackling my new commute to work, trying to learn the ins and outs of home ownership (with the added bonus of an upstairs neighbor), or I am just walking down the street, strange things seem to happen. For example, just this morning as I was running the 7 blocks from the train to the breakfast meeting I had wearing headphones and rocking out, when a total stranger touched my shoulder. By the time I turned around to see who was touching me, this stranger tucked my tag into my shirt. Although I love random acts of kindness, I do no like being touched by strangers on the street.  I swear, I couldn't make this stuff up!

Come take this journey with me. We can see where it leads together!

1 comment: