Monday, May 2, 2011

Meatless Monday: Tacos!

In honor of Meatless Monday, Taco Tuesday has been officially moved to Mondays. It's just too bad that Taco Monday doesn't have the same ring to it.


I've talked many times about our love for tofu tacos. We could literally eat them every single day. They are beyond tasty, super easy to make, and fun to put together. They also make the perfect do it yourself meal.

When left to our own devices, Josh and I like to 'do it yourself' very differently from one another. Given the same ingredients to make the same meal, we each have our own special way of making the perfect taco. We both start in the same place but that is where the similarities end.



Samantha:

Guacamole goes on first as s nice base.

Then I sprinkle just a little bit of salsa for a little spice. 

Next I add on the soy crumbles. 

And finally finish the whole dish off with some cheese. 

This is how I make my perfect taco. 
Josh:

First up, lots and lots of salsa.

Followed by a generous amount of guacamole. 

Cut tomatoes round out the taco first layer. 

Soy crumbles come next. 

And just like me, cheese goes on last. 

The final product is busting with flavor. 
How do you make your tacos?

2 comments:

  1. Those look good! I usually add lettuce or sprouts to mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Arpil, I agree with you on lettuce. It adds a nice crunch. I've never tried sprouts, but I bet they are tasty!

    ReplyDelete