Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Buzzzzzzz

Yesterday morning started off with a fire drill. No, not a real fire alarm, but we were definitely up early, running around the house.

For some reason, both Josh and I were off of our game when the alarm went off. Instead of our clockwork routine, we both got ready in a different order. Inevitably, this wound up with Josh ready to leave for work and his cell phone nowhere to be found.

After I noticed him running around the house making calls on our home phone, I asked what was wrong. As soon as I heard about the missing phone, I sprung into action. While Josh kept dialing his number and feeling around on furniture and in various pairs of pants pockets (or course the phone was on vibrate and not ring) I looked in the usual spots. I checked under our bed, in the closet, in the refrigerator, and on top every single 'hiding place' I could think of.

After 10-15 minutes of both running around like chickens with our heads cut off, we were just about to abandon ship, when it hit me. Neither one of us had checked Josh's work back nor his soccer bag. He called his number one last time while I hugged his overstuffed bag tight. Underneath his sneakers, gym clothes, and other random gear was his cell phone, buzzing away. SUCCESS!

Nothing like starting the day with a wild goose chase.

No comments:

Post a Comment