Friday, October 22, 2010

No Pain, No Gain

From an early age I learned what all women know, when it comes to fashion 'No Pain, No Gain.'

I have spent countless hours with a hair dryer, straightener, and an enormous round brush making my hair fall just right. I have learned to apply eye makeup that looks smokey without poking my eye out too often. And I have created a relatively normal love/hate relationship with stockings. And I did it all in the name of fashion.

One aspect where I am not much of a fashionista is with shoes. For me, the pain is always disproportionately more than the gain. Sure, I own my fair share of super cute and painful trendy shoes, but I do not wear them as often as I should...especially when I also own plenty of pairs of sneakers, flip flops, and uggs. However, our wedding changed everything.

HOT wedding shoes

I chose a pair of fantastic, and not so comfortable, shoes to wear on our wedding day. They looked great with the dress and I couldn't get over them so I threw caution to the wind. And you know what? I survived. Sure, my feet didn't feel great the next day, but they weren't horrible either.

For my new job, I have decided to fully embrace the No Pain, No Gain attitude for shoes too. And I have to say...it is about time! For the last 2 weeks I have worn nothing but cute little heels that are very uncomfortable. But hey, they look great! And, I have to admit, it is actually getting a lot easier and a bit less painful to strut around the office in my fun shoes. What can I say? I'm a slave to fashion.

Not the most comfy, but they do the trick.

Super cute and super comfortable. 

Love, love, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment