Monday, March 21, 2011

Captain Planet

We take recycling very seriously in our house. So seriously in fact that a few months ago, this was an actual conversation that we had:

Josh: "I'm so proud of us."
Samantha: "Why? What did we do?"
Josh: We are REALLY good recyclers. Did you know that since we have moved we have consistently had twice as much recycling as trash every week?"
Samantha: "No, I didn't. That's SO cool. But we always recycled, even in the old house."
Josh: "Not like this. We are recycling maniacs."
Samantha: "Awesome!!! I wonder if they give awards for that. We would TOTALLY win."

And so, it should have come as no surprise to me that while we were making dinner last night Josh exclaimed:

"We are recycling rock stars! Every week we have 2 huge bags of recycling to 1 small bag of trash. Captain Planet would be so proud."

Then, for the rest of the night, he sang the following song:



What can I say? We are crazy about the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment