Thursday, March 31, 2011

Shop Local

It is very easy to shop local when the local bakery is the best around.

It is no secret that Josh and I are huge fans of Cheryl Ann's challah. But really, who isn't? Shabbat is not Shabbat without it.


If you have never had Cheryl Ann's challah you are truly missing out. It is hands down the best challah in the entire world. It smells delicious and tastes amazing. There is something about this fluffy, eggy bread that is just wonderful. Any other challah (and I have had many) pales in comparison. Cheryl Anny's is absolutely the gold standard for challah.


Their challah is not only wonderful for Shabbat, but the leftovers are perfect for snacking and making sandwiches too. You have not lived until you have tried a fluffernutter on Cheryl Ann's challah.  


Or challah French toast. It is AMAZING.


But as much as Josh and I love Cheryl Ann's challah, nothing, I repeat nothing, lives up to their black and whites. These amazing cake-like cookies covered half with vanilla frosting and half with chocolate are from heaven I swear! I have been in love with these tasty treats since I was a little girl. It was always a special day when my mom brought home Cherly Ann's black and whites. These days Josh sometimes brings them home and it is just as exciting as it was when I was a kid. They are that good. 

As if that were not enough, Cheryl Ann's is not only a kosher bakery, but a parve one too. That means we can eat any delicious treat from this wonderful bakery whenever we want (within reason!) And how lucky for us, Cheryl Ann's is only 15 minutes from our house! It doesn't get any better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment