Friday, April 1, 2011

Whirlwind Week

What a week! Waking up this morning I am exhausted, but happy. Generally Josh and I have a pretty simple routine during the week. Wake up, work, come home, go to the gym, eat dinner, relax, go to bed, repeat. We try to catch up with friends one or two nights and pack as much fun as we can into our weekends, but weeknights are generally quiet nights. Sure my 22-year-old self would find this life boring, but at 29 I could not ask for a more perfect life.

This week, however, I let my 22-year-old self take charge. With Josh busy I was left on my own to play, and play I did. In the last 7 days I have:

Friday- met 2 old friends from high school for shopping and dinner
Saturday- enjoyed coffee and catching up with Amy
             - had a memorable meal with the Core 5 (Me, Mom, Dad, Auntie and Leon)
Sunday- shopped till I dropped with my mom
           - had one our family's all time favorite dinners (no pics, sorry!)
Monday- met one of my oldest friends in the world for dinner
Tuesday- went to Caleb's Morry and Rachel's house for dinner and drinks
Wednesday- did laundry and cleaned the house met Amy for impromptu drinks and apps
Thursday- had a fun filled dinner with Emily

I had a blast this week! But let me tell you, I am not 22 anymore. This 29-year-old is daydreaming about a quiet weekend at home with Josh.

No comments:

Post a Comment