Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sage Advice

Endorphins are a wonderful thing. They literally make everything better.

Just the other day I was talking to my aunt about this very subject. Auntie is the ultimate exercise and weight loss guru. She has been working out harder and eating healthier than anyone around for longer than I can even remember. She knows her stuff. So when she told me (for about the millionth time in my life) how everything feels better after a good workout, I decided to use her pep talk as motivation.

Life has been so busy lately that the gym has fallen way to bottom of the must do list. Despite the fact that when I got home my couch and tv were tempting, I ignored them. And as if I already didn't know, Auntie was right...as always!

After a fantastic workout, my outlook on everything was better. If I could run hard for 30 min I could turn my day around. And I did. And it felt amazing. It is funny how every time I take a step away from the gym for a little while I forget just how powerful it is. Luckily it only takes one workout to remind me and re-inspire me. Because for me, the gym is much more than about staying it shape. It is about keeping my mind, body, and soul in check.

Today my world is back in balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment