Friday, April 29, 2011

Meatless Friday?

With Passover behind us, Shabbat is once again all about the carbs! And all about taking a break from meat. I'm not sure what it is, but for some reason over Passover I eat a lot more meat than any other time of year. So now that it has come and gone, a meatless Shabbat is in order.

Check out our menu for tonight. I am so excited, I can't wait!!!!


Setting up the dining room table with all of our new, fun dishes and serving pieces is always fun. I love how nice our white dishes look on the red table cloth. We are expecting a very special friend for dinner and I had a blast choosing which pieces to go with the dinner. Hey, I have a lot to aspire to, my mom and aunt are the best hostesses on the planet.


Since we are serving tofu, we have the opportunity to use our tofu press. This kitchen tool never gets old. It makes our tofu taste so much better and easier to work with. Plus, seeing how much water comes out of the tofu is pretty cool.

 


We are serving tofu parm as our main dish. I love eating this meal. It has so much appeal, is easy to make, and tastes great. It is the perfect combo of comfort food and a fancy feast. 


We are going to serve the tofu parm on pasta, well because that's how you serve it. It is a little funny to serve pasta on Shabbat because we will also be serving challah, but you can't mess with tradition on both accounts.


I can't wait for dinner tonight! YUM!!!


Aside from the tofu parm and pasta we are planning on serving salad, steamed broccoli, challah and wine. I know Josh and I are looking forward to dinner. I just really hope our friend likes her meal!


And her super sweet dessert! Pudding pie :) Delicious.

Have a great Shabbat and wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment