Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Klutz Named Samantha

Did you ever wonder what you would find if you were to look up the word klutz in the dictionary? Well wonder no more. According to Merriam-Webster's you will find this:


Definition of KLUTZ: (noun) a clumsy person
Example of KLUTZ: "How can she be such a klutz after studying ballet for so many years?"
Synonyms of KLUTZ: butterfingers, Samantha








It truly is remarkable that even Merriam-Webster knows that I am the biggest klutz on the planet. So it should really be no surprise to anyone that last night, just before we were about to head to the gym, this interaction actually happened.

Samantha: Are you ready to go?
Josh: Just about. Give me one more minute please.
Samantha: Sure, I'll just wait right here (in the main hallway outside of the living room) 
THUD 
Samantha: OW
Josh: (laughing hysterically) Did that just happen?
Samantha: What? We have so many doorways, it was bound to happen eventually.

Yes ladies and gentlemen, only I could fall through a doorway in my own house when I was attempting to just lean against the wall. Apparently our open-ish floor plan is dangerous for me. Though I have to admit, I am sort of surprised that in almost a year of living in our house this is the first time I have done something like this. Just in case you were wondering, I'm fine and Josh and I are both still laughing hysterically about this latest incident.

File Under: Only Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment