Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Pat Green

The best day of the year has come and gone...and it did not disappoint. Pat Green was everything I remembered. He was funny, entertaining, and an amazing guitarist. He played all of his best songs, sang directly to me (in my dreams), and he kept the house rocking all night long. It was pure country bliss!

The show took place at the House of Blues. I love seeing shows at the House of Blues in Boston. It is such a cool venue. It is small enough that you get to interact with the artist but large enough that you feel the energy of the crowd pulsing through your veins. No one rocks the House of Blues like Pat Green. He is hands down the best artist to see in a club like venue. He works the room like no other. He literally makes you feel like he is singing just to you (or me), especially the love songs :)



This year my friend Emily joined Josh and I at the Pat Green show. While it was her first Pat concert, she is a country fanatic like me. She even has the boots to prove it...we both do!


Emily and I had a blast at the show together. We chatted, danced, and sang our hearts out. There is nothing, I mean nothing, like going to a concert with an old girlfriend.


First up for the night was Wade Bowen. Emily and I enjoyed him, but Josh loved him. Wade definitely gained a true fan that night. His music was entertaining and uplifting. It was also cool to learn that he and Pat were old friends and they had written some of my most favorite songs together. Wade was a great opening act!


But after Wade finished, the real fun started. While I got ready for Pat's arrival, Emily and Josh took a minute to pose for the paparazzi a picture.


From the minute Pat came on the stage to the minute he left it was pure perfection. He sang every song I could have wanted to hear from Southbound 35 to Three Days to Feels Just Like It Should to Way Back Texas to Wave on Wave.


As if that all wasn't cool enough, a girl in the crowd asked where in Texas I was from because no one from around here could ever love Pat and his songs like I did. I just smiled big and said, nope, I'm from here. She was shocked and I was tickled. This Massachusetts girl LOVES Pat Green!


And fun nights out at concerts with her husband!


Pat Green 2011 was far and away one of the best yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment