Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Biggest Runner

I am a Biggest Loser fanatic. And not just because I am a HUGE Allison Sweeney fan or have an awesome twitter relationship with Bob Harper. I truly find the show inspiring and entertaining.

So inspiring in fact that I have made my own little life change. Hey, if these contestants are able to lose so much weight when they need to the most, all while making remarkable strides in gaining confidence and self assurance, surely I can make a change too.

As I've mentioned before, I am a huge gym rat. Over the years I have taken on the elliptical, bike, dance classes, weight lifting, all kinds of aerobics, and countless exercise classes. Together Josh and I have gotten fit and accomplished our goals. We have tried many classes and logged miles and miles on the treadmill. But always, there was one thing I dreaded...RUNNING.

During our last shape up week, something inside of me changed. Since classes were not an option due to the new schedule at the gym, I had no choice, I had to get on the treadmill. And when I was on the treadmill, for the first time, I got out of my own way. While I am not new to the treadmill at all, I am new to the idea that I can just hop on, start running, and not stop for 30+ minutes. But by channeling my inner Bob and Jillian, believing in mind over matter, and sheer determination, I did it! And then I did it again, and again, and again!

What's next? A 5K? A 10K? The sky's the limit!

2 comments:

  1. Let me know when you sign up for your first 5k! I will run it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tanya...you've got it! Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete