Thursday, March 10, 2011

NOT Gonna Miss This

Yesterday on my way home from work the Trace Adkins' song "You're Gonna Miss This" came on the radio. I've heard this song a million times, but last night it hit me.



I am a planner. I always know what I am doing tomorrow, next week, 6 months from now, 2 years from now, and 10 years from now. Sure, the plan changes, but I am always working on my next move, idea, or step. I like to be in control and working towards a goal.

The last 2 years have been no exception. I had very serious personal and professional goals that I desperately wanted to achieve. Before Josh and I got married I wanted to finish grad school. Before we got married we both wanted to buy our first house. And after I finished my master's degree I wanted to re-start my career in a new field, doing something that made me happy.

But now that I have my degree, my wonderful job, my fabulous house, and the most perfect husband for me it is time to take Trace's advice. It is time to slow down and take a good look around, because I do not want to miss this.

No comments:

Post a Comment