Tuesday, September 7, 2010

3 Day Weekend

I love 3 day weekends. Everything about them is perfect. Waking up on Monday morning without a care in the world is the best thing I can think of. This 3 day weekend was nothing short of perfection.

This is the first long weekend that I can remember that both Josh and I did not have to work and we did not have travel. Our way of celebrating this feat was to have the perfect mix of errands, chores, friends, and quality time. The 'no plan' plan of the weekend worked out better than I could have expected.

Friday we had friends over for dinner, Saturday I had plenty of time to run errands, get a pedi, and organize the house for Sunday. Josh was able to get a ton of school work done and still be able to hang out for a date night dinner. Sunday we spent all day in the kitchen prepping for our big BBQ and the night hanging out with friends and family. Monday was by far the best Monday I've had in ages. We slept in a bit, went to the gym, and I got to watch Kathy Lee and Hoda (total guilty pleasure). After that we went shopping and then came home to make dinner and start getting ready for the week ahead.

It's only been 3 days but I feel completely relaxed and rejuvenated. There is something about an extra day being tacked onto the weekend that brings an air of vacation and excitement. And this Labor Day, Josh and I embraced that feeling full on. It will be sad to go back to our school year routine today, but I'm so glad we had one last summer hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment