Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Voting at the Elementary School

Last night, after work, Josh and I went to vote. As we are avid voters, this in itself is not a remarkable feat. But, this time, voting was just a bit more exciting.

For the first time, I got to tell the election volunteer my new address when I checked in. Then, I got to tell him my new name. On top of that, we got to see the elementary school that our kids will go to one day. I have to say, I'm impressed. It's pretty small which is nice. And it is in great condition. The gym looks pretty much like the gym I had growing up, but the fields, playground, and track are awesome. It was really exciting to walk in there and a take a little look around.

A cute elementary school in a fantastic school district walking distance to our house is just another reason we love our neighborhood. The market, drug store, bookstore, bank, bakery, ice cream shoppe and Commuter Rail also in walking distance help too.

Having a glimpse into our future every once and a while is fun. And being reminded that we made a good decision when buying our house is great as well. Of course choosing different party ballots during the primary is a whole other story. At least we can both agree that voting is important...especially when we get to check our future kids school too!

No comments:

Post a Comment