Saturday, August 14, 2010

All's Quiet on the Western Front

Thank you for checking in and reading for the past 2 weeks. Over 200 people viewed the blog yesterday alone! I am very excited and honored by your support. I am also happy to report that there have been no further incidents involving our upstairs neighbor. We are drama free...temporarily I assume.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programing.

There is nothing like old friends. They share your history, know your secrets, and don't judge you. You are able to be yourself around them, relax, and just have fun. I am fortunate to have so many wonderful old friends in the area. This week I was lucky enough to spend time with 2 of them. It definitely made all of the stress with Ralph (see here and here) a lot easier to handle.

One night, a friend of mine from growing up came over for dinner. I have known him FOREVER and he and Josh recently hit it off. We had an awesome night. Josh made a delicious dinner on the grill and we hung out way too late, like only good friends can. There was plenty of reminiscing, some drinks, and a lot of catching up. The boys played video games, I blogged (of course!), and we all took turns dishing out advice. It was the perfect way to spend a random Wednesday night. It was fun, relaxing, and an overall slamming good time. I love that my friend lives so close and that he and Josh have a budding bromance going on. I hope we can have nights like this much more often.

Later on in the week, I had some much needed girl time. My closest college friend is in town for the summer and we had a great time hanging out. She is an amazing and wonderful person who never ceases to amaze me with her outlook on life, no matter what is going on around her. She also is one those people who just 'get it.' I never have to explain myself, she knows all of my stories, how my brain works, and exactly what I need to hear in every situation. Spending time with her is like a breath of fresh air. There is no question that with my crazy life for the last few months, I have not spent enough time with her. I am sad that her time in Boston came to end so quickly.

It is weeks like this that keep me grounded. I love my new life with Josh and all of our friends so much. There is, however, something to be said for the people I have known for over 10 or 20 years. I don't know if it is our history or what, but seeing them is just nice. And this week, I needed some nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment