Monday, August 16, 2010

Road Trippin'

Josh and I have the mini road trip down to a science. With Josh’s family living only 2.5 hours away, we have had a lot of experience driving back and forth. Add on a few weddings, bar mitzvahs, and vacations, and we travel in the car together better than most.

Our plan of action is always the same. We each pull out our clothes to pack for the trip and put them on the guest room bed. Then we pull all of our hanging clothes out (which is generally almost everything we're bringing) and put them in the car. Then I pack the rest of our clothes, toiletries, and all of the miscellaneous things you need on a trip. Josh is in charge of snacks, water, and directions.

Aside from the obligatory freak out on my end due to fact that Josh’s clothes and shoes are bigger than mine and never fit in the size of the bag I pulled down, our road trips are pretty smooth.

Once we are in the car, Josh is ALWAYS the chauffeur driver. I am in charge of everything else. I dole out snacks when it's time, play DJ, and keep the conversation flowing. Before meeting Josh, I hated being in the car for long periods of time. Now, I think it is fun. We usually wind up with 2-3 hours of uninterrupted together time. It also gives us time to do many of the things we never have time to do (like set up our wedding tables or blog!!!).

I’m sure at some point, road trips won’t be as much fun. When life is super busy and there are things to do at home, it will be hard to hop in the car and head someplace else. But for now, I enjoy our car rides together and the flexibility it gives us.

No comments:

Post a Comment