Sunday, August 1, 2010

Weekend Reflection

This weekend was perfect. It was exactly what I needed. For the first time in months I feel rested, relaxed, and ready to take on the week ahead.

Since March I have been on the go. Wedding planning, bridal showers, graduation requirements, buying a house, family visits, packing, unpacking, and trying to have a social life have kept me busy. I loved every minute of it. There are no words to describe the feeling of love and support you get when you A) finish graduate school, B) buy a house, and C) get married.

Having so many momentous occasions to celebrate at once is wonderful. I know how lucky I am to have such great friends and family who want to celebrate with me. I also know how lucky we are to be living in our new home, and how I happy I am that my hard work paid off at school. But, after 5 months of being on the go non-stop, having nothing to do was a privilege.

Saturday morning, I did not set an alarm! I can not remember the last time that happened. After a relaxing breakfast (again, I can't remember that happening in months!) Josh and I headed West to the big box stores. Call me a nerd, but I LOVE Bed Bath and Beyond, Home Goods and the Container Store. (insert movie quote here) I love walking through the stores and think that picking out the perfect accessories for our new house is half the fun of moving. As if this wasn't good enough, we actually had nothing to do in the afternoon and were able to set up our new toys :) We also had time to meet good friends for dinner and ice cream. I definitely went to bed happy and relaxed.

This morning was even better. Despite our neighbor deciding to cut his grass at 6:30 am and Josh running around the upstairs muttering some choice words (Can you blame him, who cuts grass at 6:30am?), we were able to sleep in, hang out, finally start uploading pictures from our honeymoon that we took over a month ago, and play softball with our friends.

It was truly a perfect weekend, minus the second loss which ended our softball season. And boy did we need it. I am grateful for all of the crazy and exciting weekends, but there is nothing like snuggling up on the couch and watching some good old fashioned West Wing.

Monday morning, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment