Thursday, August 26, 2010

Summer Reading List

This summer, despite my busy schedule, I was able to read a lot of great books. Reading has always been my favorite past time. Growing up, I always had a book in hand. I had a bedtime and a stop reading time. My Mom even gave me a bedside caddy so my book and glasses were never far away. This habit grew with me into adulthood. I'm rarely without a book, especially on the train. You never know when you are going to have a spare minute to get through a page or two.

This ability to read anything anywhere came in handy while I was in school. I never had a hard time finishing my assignments and keeping up with my personal reading. Now that I am officially done with school, I try to keep my reading list interesting and eclectic. I read everything from chick-lit to history novels to biographies. Currently, I'm on a bit of a World War II and feminist biography kick.

Here are my top 10 ten picks of books I have read recently. Although I recommend all of them, I definitely liked some more than others.

10. Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer
  9. Letters From a Distant Shore by Marie Lawson Fiala
  8. Leap of Faith by Queen Noor
  7. Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin
  6. Dune Road by Jane Green
  5. Eat Love Pray by Elizabeth Gilbert
  4. 1 Dead in Attic by Chris Rose
  3. The Feminine Mystique by Betty Friedan
  2. The Greatest Generation by Tom Brokaw
  1. My War by Andy Rooney

Up next:
Spoken From the Heart by Laura Bush
Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner

What books have you enjoyed this summer? Any interesting suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the book Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah. Another good one is Shelter Me by Juliette Fay. I'm reading Eat Pray Love now. And then The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! I'll have to check those out.

    ReplyDelete