Thursday, November 4, 2010

Bright Sunshine-y Day


My life has changed a lot in the last few weeks. My routine is drastically different, the type of work I am doing barely resembles what I had been doing for the last 8 years, my home life has calmed way down, and my outlook has been dramatically altered. It's as if for the last year and a half I was living in a parallel universe, and now I am finally living my life the way I was meant to. And I couldn't be happier.

Up until now, my life was a blur. But for the first time in a long time, I feel settled. I know this is where I am supposed to be. All of the stars have aligned, the pieces have fallen into place, and I am now at peace with myself. It is as if I have finally made the transition to adulthood. I thought this feeling would come the day I finished my masters degree, then the day we bought our house, and finally on our wedding day, but it never came. Then, all of a sudden, out of the blue, here it is, and I can stop searching for it. I guess what they say is true; change does not happen overnight, but over time.

Although this attitude adjustment is not just about my new job, I do love it. Working on a college campus is perfect for me. The atmosphere, the students, and the staff inspire me every day and I know this career move is one that I will forever be grateful for. The projects I have been given so far are challenging, but the feeling I get as I accomplish them one by one is like nothing I've ever experienced before. In the short time that I have been here I have learned so much and have also been able to rely on the skills I have picked up in school and at my other jobs. It is as if this job was made for me. But the new job is just a part of it.

My home life is pretty perfect right now too. I know it is cheesy, and Josh and I have been happy for a long time, but this is different. It's hard to explain, but the best I can do is to say that we have finally settled in to life. We no longer are making major life changes monthly. Now is the time we can sit back and enjoy the life we are creating together. This is a welcome relief for us. The stress is gone, the drama long forgotten, and all we have to do is live our lives the way we want and dream about our future. Knowing that together we have survived many ups and down on the roller coaster of life for the majority of our relationship makes this part that much sweeter. I love this coasting part. No turbulence, nothing to worry about, just us, being married and happy. It's better than I ever thought it would be.

I am just happy. Happier than I could have imagined. I am a more confident and mature person all of a sudden and I adamantly feel that life is on track. I know without a shadow of a doubt that the many choices I have had to make in the last year and a half were made properly. I know that without times that test you, the good times are never as sweet, and I know that I have a fantastic partner who knows when to hold my hand and when to hold me up. What can I say? Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment