Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Playing Catch-Up

This weekend, Josh and I had a rare, and very welcome, treat. We had nothing on our calendar. Not even one little thing. For months that had not happened. Generally we were very busy people...and we liked it that way. But one of the side effects of being busy was never having time to do the things that need to get done. So as we got closer to the weekend, I decided to put together a giant list of things I wanted us to accomplish over the weekend. And let me tell you, we did it all and I couldn't be prouder!

We kicked the weekend off by having Shabbat dinner at our friends' house. These friends lived close enough to us that we were able to walk to their house. We were so happy to be invited over and to spend time with their family, because although they lived so close, we never saw them enough. We were also excited to hang out with some other friends who also lived in the area. Dinner was AMAZING and dessert was even better. The company, discussion, and constant laughing were pretty great too. :) It was a wonderful night and a great way to spend Shabbat.

Even though we stayed out way too late on Friday night (what can I say? time flew with good company) we got up early on Saturday to hit the gym. It was shape-up week after all. (side note: shape up week has been extended another week) After the gym we attacked the rest of the morning with motivation, commitment, and a whole lot of silliness. I cleaned the house while Josh tackled the backyard. Its a toss up who had the harder job, but it was clear that we both had fun with the leaves.

For a small backyard, we had a lot of leaves!

But Josh was able to get them into 4 neat piles.

Though he did need some help getting them all to fit in the barrels. Good thing I have a hidden talent!

Great job Josh!

After all of the fun in the backyard, Josh and I met my parents at the frame store to get our Ketubah and 2 other pictures framed. Neither Josh nor I had ever had a painting professionally framed before. There were a million options and we got a little overwhelmed. We were very grateful for my parents' help. We picked out some nice things and can't wait to get them home in a few weeks.

After choosing the frames we parted ways with my parents and headed out to Natick. We had some serious shopping to do! We bought  fun surprises for Thanksgiving (we are hosting both my family and Josh's this year) and a few other trinkets at Home Goods and then made our way to Bed, Bath, and Beyond. We had been there so many times in the last few months it felt like we lived there! But it had been a while and they always seemed to have exactly what we were looking for. Finally I bought 2 super cute pairs of shoes at DSW before enjoying our favorite, Acapulcos, for dinner. It was an early Saturday night. We were pooped from all the running around. But there was nothing like the feeling of accomplishment!

Sunday was similar to Saturday. We were up early and tackled a lot of projects. We re-organized our china cabinet, our pantry, and our basement. Then we carved our pumpkins and I totally attacked the candy bowl (mildly embarrassing, but I think I have had my fill of candy for a whole year!). Finally we watched the Patriots game that we had DVR'd earlier in the day. A little weird, but it worked out great. We had enough time to do what we needed to do and were also able to watch the whole game. Not too shabby.

It was a long day, but a nice one. After running like crazy for weeks, it was great to have some time at home to get lots done. I love our new house, but I love it even more when it is neat and organized! Next weekend we are back to our typically crazy/wonderful running around lives.

1 comment:

  1. Are you crazy?! I think you left 33 leaves in the driveway! Have you no respect for asphalt? Geez... the nerve of you young folk these days...