Monday, December 6, 2010

"Healthy" Grilled Cheese

In general my pallet has not changed all that much since I was a kid. I love candy, and cake, and peanut butter and fluff sandwiches more than anything else in the world. Unfortunately, as an adult I can't eat junk in the quantities that I used to and still stay in shape. Too bad my taste does not understand this.

Now that Josh and I are more committed than ever to eating healthy and living a more positive and active lifestyle, I try to find ways to still eat my kid food while trying to be more careful with what I put in my body.

One of my most favorite things to eat is grilled cheese. As a kid I ate them all the time. Now I try to stay away from them because they aren't so healthy. However, I finally figured out how to incorporate being an adult and eating like a kid. Healthy grilled cheese!


To make my healthy grilled cheese, I use a whole wheat sandwich thins instead of regular bread. Then I take one slice of regular American cheese and one of veggie cheese. Finally, instead of butter I used a touch of margarine on the outside of the bread. As a grilled cheese eating expert, this healthy grilled cheese tastes just as good as a traditional one...and with a fraction of the calories. Not too shabby.


YUM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment