Friday, December 24, 2010

Vacation, Staycation, Blogcation

A wonderfully exciting thing is happening to Josh and I this year. For the first time ever (aside from our wedding and honeymoon) we both have the same vacation! THE SAME EXACT VACATION!!!!

Josh’s school is closed between Christmas and New Year's and so is mine! 10 whole days with no work, no alarm clocks, and no deadlines. I am so excited I can’t wait! And, the best part is, for the first time ever no one (read: Samantha) has to take actual vacation days for vacation. Being married to a teacher who has an inordinate amount of time off, I never thought this day would come.

In honor of 10 days with nothing to do, I am trying very hard to convince myself that we do not need plans. Sure, there are a few movies we want to see, friends to hang out with, some projects to do in the house, and our goal is to finish picking out the photos we want in our wedding album (yes, 6 months later), but in general we want to take advantage of this time off. I am not usually a fly by the seat of my pants kind of person, but for this vacation I am going to embrace it. And, I am going to unplug for a while.

While I usually post my blog 2 times a day, 5 days a week, I am going to make our staycation a true vacation and take a very short break from blogging too. Just one week. I love blogging, I enjoy sharing my life with you all, and most of all, I appreciate you reading me every day. I still can't believe that you tune in every day to see what is going on on Madison Ave Musings. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Have a happy and healthy New Year and please check back right after the 1st of the year. I will be back and posting some tasty treats and a HUGE surprise for Josh's birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment