Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Yes, No, Maybe

My relationship with chicken lately has been hit or miss. In theory I like chicken, a lot. It is a healthy meal option that packs a ton of protein and can be made a thousand ways. It goes with everything, is affordable (even the kosher kind), and makes the perfect part of a balanced meal.

On the other hand, I just can't handle chicken anymore. There is something about the texture, the way it feels in my mouth, and just chewing it grosses me out. I'm not sure when the change happened. When I went from loving chicken to hating, but right now it is at an all time high.

However, last night a strange thing happened. I had a craving for my old favorite, paprika chicken. Josh nearly fell over when he heard...and immediately fired up the grill. While I only ate a tiny piece of chicken, it wasn't too bad. I might not go back to eating it all of the time, but on occasion when I am craving it, I just might give in. I guess being open-minded is the way to go.

And once again, I am back on the chicken roller coaster.

Check out my #1 favorite chicken recipe...that is when I'm eating chicken.

All of the secret ingredients

Ready for the grill

A perfect, well balanced, meal

Are there any foods that you love to hate...or hate to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment