Thursday, December 16, 2010

Ladies Man

That's right ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Ballroom Dancer, Mr. High School Teacher, Mr. Soccer Coach, Mr. Triathlete himself will be making his weekly appearance at Zumba! You do not want to miss this! At least that is what the groupies say...Yes, I said groupies.

The more mature women in our Zumba class are obsessed with  can't get enough of love Josh. They literally go gaga for him. It is pretty funny to watch. He, of course, loves the attention. During class he always 'hits hard.' He dances his heart out every week, makes expressive faces with every move, and is the most entertaining member of the group.

Last week after class, one of Josh's groupies approached me for the first time...in the locker room no less. One of the more mature women in our class (after months of ignoring me and fawning over Josh) marched right up to me to confirm that Josh was, in fact, my husband. When I said yes, she exclaimed: "Oh good. I'm so glad! He brings such a positive energy to class. What a nice young man, I'm glad he is your husband."

It took every ounce of self-control I had to not burst out laughing in her face. When she finished talking I politely agreed with her that, "Yes, Josh did bring a nice energy to the class," and "It is refreshing to see such a nice young man in class every week" and then quickly excused myself.

By the time I found Josh I could barely speak I was laughing so hard. I managed to get the story out and we both cracked up. Of course I was laughing at the absurdity of the whole thing, while Josh was basking in the attention of his groupies. But you better believe that Josh brought his A game to Zumba the following week and that his groupies loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment