Monday, December 20, 2010

Lost 36 Hours

Generally our weekends are filled with a mix of errands, friends, football, and lots and lots of fun. Most Sundays when I sit down to recant our weekend I have to pick and choose what I want to write about, skipping over mundane chores and focusing on how we spent Shabbat and other fun plans we had. This weekend, there was a lost 36 hours.

On Friday I did not wake up feeling so great. By the time the afternoon rolled around, my throat was on fire and I was exhausted. I made it home from work in time to put on my sweats pass out on the couch.

Saturday was no different. We were supposed to have a bunch of people over for a day of latkes, friends, and fun. Although I was sad to have to cancel, I could barely get out of bed, let alone cook for hours before having a house full of people (anyone in the Boston area have a need for 25lbs of potatoes?). Luckily, our friends were all super understanding, and I had a whole day to literally do nothing. Josh was great. He kept bringing me food and drinks, but mostly just let me sleep. Aside from watching an entire Giuliana and Bill marathon and more HGTV than any one person should, I barely remember what I did for 36 hours over the weekend.

Thank goodness I woke up feeling a lot better on Sunday. I even felt well enough to go to Josh’s family Hanukah party. I haven’t been sick like that for a long time. I’m just glad that it happened over the weekend so I had time to rest…and that it is behind me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment