Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Parking Trouble

I fought the garage and the garage won...until today!

Since I started my new job I have been having trouble getting in and out of the garage. While it is not rocket science, for some reason, no matter what I do, I cannot angle my car so that the wand that is attached to the top of my windshield actually makes the electronic arm go up. Every morning, while traffic is backing up through the campus and onto the main road, the nice man who sits in the attendant hut has to get out, walk over to me, and manually open the garage. At this point, he knows me very well. He even starts walking over when he sees me pull in.

Well, nice man who braves the cold, rain, and wind to help me, Merry Christmas!

Today, for the first time ever, on my first try, I was able to raise that electronic arm and enter the parking garage without trouble. I did not hold up traffic, cause a scene, or inconvenience anyone. I did it! And as if that was exciting enough, the nice man who always helps me literally cheered and clapped for me as I drove right past without trouble.

Now that my friends, is a Christmas miracle. (Let's just hope I can do it again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment