Monday, February 14, 2011

All You Need Is Love

Really, who doesn't love a little Valentine's Day medley? Especially from Moulin Rouge? I know it's not the happiest movie of all time but I can't help but love it. The music, dancing, and costumes are great, and what can I say, I'm a huge Ewen McGregor fan.


Although I have yet to convince Josh to watch this movie with me (I'm still working on it), I did surprise him with a heart filled dinner on our first Valentine's Day/6 month dating anniversary. While we have had many wonderful occasions to celebrate together, this particular night was one of our favorites. He had no idea it was coming.

I cut out a bunch of red hearts and listed some of our favorites dates on each one.
Then I used the hearts to decorate my apartment.

The hearts also decorated the dinner table.

I made all of Josh's favorite things for dinner:
French onion soup, BBQ chicken, sweet potatoes, salad, and challah.

No meal is complete without dessert! We had heart shaped brownies. 
I love holidays that give me the opportunity to look back and reminisce over some of my favorite times with Josh.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment