Thursday, February 10, 2011

Chicken Dish of the Week

My relationship with chicken is lukewarm at best. As hard as I am resisting eating it, Josh is still loving it. We try to compromise as much as possible on dinners because it is the only time during the day when we can hang out, chat, and reconnect. We also try to eat the same meal for dinner as often as possible. It is much easier to only make one dish and there is something very family-like and comforting about cooking a meal and serving it at the table. And so about once a week I find myself caving in and eating chicken. As good as the flavoring is on the chicken that we make, I just do not enjoy the texture.

Though I will say, my aversion to chicken has brought on a cooking creativity that I had never seen in Josh before. Not that he is a boring cook, but he has his favorites and old trusties that he tended to stick to. Now he is thinking way outside of the box when it comes to making meals. As always, I am very impressed.

Chicken nuggets may be a staple in most households, especially those with kids, but in our kosher home, they are a rarity. In an effort to coax me into eating chicken, and I think because he had fun making them, Josh made chicken nuggets for dinner from scratch.


Ingredients:
1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
Oregano
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
Paprika
Black Pepper
Lawrys
1 egg
Boneless Chicken Breasts



Directions:
1) Preheat oven at 375F
2) In a separate bowl or dish combine dry ingredients. Add seasoning to taste.


3) Cut up chicken into small pieces
4) Beat one egg in a small bowl (or you can use water instead)
5) Dip chicken in egg and then in the breading. Cover chicken completely with breading
6) Place chicken in pan that has been greased or sprayed with Pam
7) Cook chicken at 375F for approximately 20 minutes


8) Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce



Despite my non-interest in the chicken itself, the meal was pretty tasty. Adding in sweet potato chips and a salad make the meal even better. These chicken nuggets are perfect for picky eaters like me...and kids too!

No comments:

Post a Comment