Though I will say, my aversion to chicken has brought on a cooking creativity that I had never seen in Josh before. Not that he is a boring cook, but he has his favorites and old trusties that he tended to stick to. Now he is thinking way outside of the box when it comes to making meals. As always, I am very impressed.
Chicken nuggets may be a staple in most households, especially those with kids, but in our kosher home, they are a rarity. In an effort to coax me into eating chicken, and I think because he had fun making them, Josh made chicken nuggets for dinner from scratch.
1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
Boneless Chicken Breasts
1) Preheat oven at 375F2) In a separate bowl or dish combine dry ingredients. Add seasoning to taste.
3) Cut up chicken into small pieces
4) Beat one egg in a small bowl (or you can use water instead)
5) Dip chicken in egg and then in the breading. Cover chicken completely with breading
6) Place chicken in pan that has been greased or sprayed with Pam
7) Cook chicken at 375F for approximately 20 minutes
8) Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce
Despite my non-interest in the chicken itself, the meal was pretty tasty. Adding in sweet potato chips and a salad make the meal even better. These chicken nuggets are perfect for picky eaters like me...and kids too!