Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Not Just

Any time that anyone asks me about being married or buying my house my answer is always "I just got married, or I just bought a  house." Because, to me, I just did. Sure it has been 8 months, but in the grand scheme of things that is definitely a just in my book.

But lately I've noticed many conversations going like this:

Person: "Do you have any children?"
Me: "Oh no, not yet. I just got married."
Person: "Congratulations! When was the big day?"
Me: "June 13th!"
Person: "Oh, that was a while ago now. You aren't just married."

or:

Person: "Oh, you live in a suburb outside of Boston? I love that area, how long have you lived there?"
Me: "Actually, I just moved there, but I too love the area so much."
Person: "How long ago?"
Me: "I moved in over the summer."
Person: "Oh you didn't just move there, you are practically a townie!"

While I love being married and living in my house, I'm not sure I'm ready to not be a newlywed or a new homeowner. I was sort of hoping to get at least a year out of the deal. Plus, everyday is so different and each season brings new exciting activities and challenges, I don't feel like I'm an old hat at any of it.

What do you think? 8 months in am I still a newlywed? Can I safely say that I just moved into my new house? Or are other people right. I am no longer just anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment